AscentialTest Release History
AT 9.7.0 - March 2021
- Appeon PowerBuilder 2019R3 is now supported.
- Appeon PowerClient 2019R3 is now supported.
- Appeon PowerServer 2021 is now supported.
- Steps and Tests can now be edited in full Zee mode.
This new mode allows the user to script in Zee mode with access to the drag and drop features of the high-level editors.
- The Snapshot Primary AppObject is now automatically populated when an AppObject is defined. The AppObject Rename has been extended to update the Snapshot Primary AppObject.
- Auto parameterization is now available for the following actions:
TypeKeys (first (required) parameter),
- New drag and drop actions, SelectFromContextMenu and SelectFromPopupMenu, have been added to make it easier to configure actions on context and popup menus.
- The ‘All’ button is now supported for WPF snapshots.
- Copy Step and Copy Test now open the copy instead of the original.
- CTRL + and – are now supported to expand and collapse nodes in Project Explorer.
- The Run Arguments dialog now displays parameter defaults for optional parameters.
- A new action, AppEnable, has been added to the UA class. It provides a way to hook or unhook the extension to a target application at runtime.
AT 9.6.5 – May 2020:
- AscentialTest has been localized for the following languages: French, Japanese and Spanish.
- Drag of ‘All’ now includes the MenuBar so that SelectPath will be available in the Actions Panel.
- ‘Update Paths’ is now a one-step operation. Previously the user had to drag an App Object to App Paths and then select a path. The drag now defaults to the priority path.
- A new ‘Clear’ line feature has been added to the Step and Test editors.
AT 9.6.0 - April 2020:
- Appeon PowerServer testing support is now provided. Support begins with PowerServer 2020 GA.
- Extensions for Chrome and Firefox are now installed to the Users\Public folder instead of the Current User path to resolve Windows security issues that some users have experienced when they do not have elevated privileges.
AT 9.5.0 - January 9
- A ‘New Project’ wizard assists the user with configuration of the target application profile and installation of browser extensions. It also provides links to configure the target computer and guidance for taking snapshots, capturing object definitions and creating app states.
- The user can now disable <Ctrl-Shift> to suppress the snapshot capture. This is useful if the target application maps that key combination for another purpose.
- The ability to call REST is now supported.
- Database purge is available for all of the Test Set databases to remove older results from your database.
- Drag and drop App Object definition support is now provided for PbBitmap elements.
- The Windows AppState Wizard now prompts for an optional Login dialog.
- Test results now group output by Step, making it easier to interpret results.
- Path generation options have been provided for PowerBuilder, making it easier to configure which attributes get used in path generation.
- Playback speed can now be configured in Project Settings.
- The ability to email reports has been added to the ATReports command line.
- SetBaseState for the ‘Terminal’ class now provides the ability to use an encrypted password.
AT 9.4.1 - August 23
- Users can now choose between English and International keyboard runtime support.
- Improved performance for Firefox startup.
- User can now combine RenderText and Datawindow support for PowerBuilder tables.
AT 9.4.0 - July 19
- Non-English keyboard runtime support.
- Support for Electron applications.
- Support for 64 bit PowerBuilder applications.
- Resizable dialog boxes in AscentialTest UI.
- Reorganized AscentialTest File menu.
- Drag and drop support for PowerBuilder toolbar definition.
- Ability to disable auto-scroll in Elements and App Object panels.
- RenderImage improvements.
- New Html5 attributes.
- Close action for MDIChild class.
- Several AscentialTest UI Improvements.
AT 9.3.0 - November 30
- Support for Chrome Embedded Framework is now provided. A minimum of CEF version based on Chrome v61 is required. Initial support includes CEF Glue (wpf). We plan to support C# and Electron soon.
- The class library now includes a declaration for RenderText along with a default selector. This makes it easier for users to dynamically instantiate members of the RenderText class.
- A new App Object method called Unregister provides a way to unhook an application at runtime.
- RenderImage has been redesigned to automatically generate the definition for RenderImage objects that are to be added for an AppObject. It will no longer be necessary to reopen the snapshot.
- All PB Units (PBUnit, Pixel, 1/1000 of inch, 1/1000 of centimeter) are now supported for PowerBuilder.
- An additional path for the TerminalSignonDialog has been added to accommodate the title of the latest IBM Terminal Emulator Signon dialog caption.
AscentialTest 9.2.4 - March 21
- 'HasError' is now available as an attribute query from the command line,
making it easy to rerun tests that failed in the previous run.
- Three new actions: GetLastActualImage, GetLastDiffImage and GetLastDiffPixelCount
have been added to support image comparison features.
- Row Select is now supported for PowerBuilder tables.
- An option to switch to RenderText for PbDataWindows that use PbGroup has been added.
AscentialTest 9.2.1 - February 7
- A new custom report feature has been added to allow users to design and
format their own reports.
- Drag and drop is now supported for the class PdfLabel to make it easier to define App Objects for PdfLabel elements.
- A new Firefox extension is provided for Firefox versions v58 and newer.
AscentialTest 9.2 - December 22:
- RenderImage has been completely redesigned. It is not only much easier to use, but it is also much faster.
- RenderText now works on the IE Browser including the popup navigator bar.
- RenderText now works on OwnerDraw ListBox and ListView.
- Pixel and color tolerance have been added VerifyImage.
- A new action called WaitForImage has been provided to allow the user to wait for an image to display.
- A new action called SendMail has been added to the System class to allow the user to send an email directly from a test. The user can specify a subject and body and include attachments.
AscentialTest 9.0 - October 3:
- Test plan requirements can now be linked to multiple rows in a Data Table, essentially generating a Test Plan based on user selection of table rows.
- Test Plans contain a new built-in attribute called ‘RunCount’ that allows the user to select the number of iterations that a test is to be executed.
- AppStates have been introduced to make it easier to create ‘OnStart’ and ‘OnFinish’ actions.
- The visual Query Editor has been implemented in the ‘Mark by Query’ dialog
to make it easier to create attribute queries.
- The option to select, generate and email reports at the end of a Test Set run is now provided.
- Generating Test Set reports from the command line has been simplified to make it easier to integrate with continuous integration software.
AscentialTest 8.3 - June 12:
- Image capture and comparison with masking is now provided.
- The ability to define a region of an object is now provided. Regions can be used to specify areas of an image to be compared. Regions may also be used to identify a clickable area of an object.
- The user can now choose the default attribute for path generation by class to improve naming and robustness of object recognition for web elements.
- Constants and user-defined functions can now be used in path statements.
- Two new attributes have been added to the class PdfText: @LineIndex and @LineSegment. These attributes provide a way to define tables for PdfText that is lined up in rows and columns.
AscentialTest 8.2 - March 3:
- Validation of pdf content is now supported to enhance verification.
- Files of any type can be attached to test results, perhaps as evidence
of test results or images for enhanced description of errors.
- Manual test cases can be imported from Excel.
- Keywords can be used to tag tests to enhance test management.
- Support for 64 bit versions of Chrome and Firefox.
- New methods have been added to capture .png files directly at runtime.
- New functions have been implemented to provide the elapsed times of Steps and Tests.
- Verify methods and functions now provide an optional parameter that can be set to invoke a snapshot upon error.
AscentialTest 8.1 - Sept 19:
- WPF controls embedded in a PowerBuilder application are now supported.
- Path translation has been implemented to support testing application localization.
AscentialTest 8.0 - Aug 18 :
- Workspaces have been implemented to streamline the various tasks required to build, maintain and execute manual and automated tests.
- Find References provides a way to locate references to App Objects, Steps, Tests and Functions.
- Rename provides a way to change the name and propagate the name change to all occurrences of App Objects, Steps, Tests, Step Parameters, Test Parameters and Functions.
AscentialTest 7.10 - May 9:
- The Jira Project can now be set in Project Settings so that each project
can be associated with a different jira project.
- There are now two modes for integrating tests with a test plan, update
and insert. When a test is dragged to a Test Plan in Insert mode, the test
name or test description (dependent upon user configuration) becomes the
text that is displayed in the test plan node.
- A new Navigation icon has been added to the Step and Test Editors to
allow navigation directly to data tables, steps and functions.
AscentialTest 7.9 - Feb 9:
- A WebTable definition wizard has been added to make it easier to define
- WebList definition is now supported through drag and drop.
- Image recognition has been added to identify graphical elements that
are not real objects.